Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The path to righteousness is narrow...the path to shin splints and victory is in a half marathon!!!

Well... this is my first blog and I might add that it was easier to set up than I thought it would be. The last portion of 2007 was interesting to say the least. God had me curb my spending habits by nearly 75%. (If you know me, then you know this is a considerable amount.) I've been able to stick to this by simply CHOOSING. I chose to stay away from the after- Christmas sales and I have chosen to give my credit card to my husband...who has some how learned to use his! Having said that...God also set me on a path to better health. On October 15th, I began working out with a personal trainer weekly and changing my diet. It's been a long process...especially since I ate most of my "cheat meals" daily through out the month of December. If I see another Christmas cookie or slice of white processed bread...I just might explode.
Here we are...January 2nd...and I'm shifting my training a bit in order to prepare for a half marathon. I've NEVER entered such a thing in my life...so God is either doing something just short of miraculous or I'm completely loosing my mind. I hope to be part of a team called "Living Water" for this marathon. We'll attempt to raise some money for children in Africa to have clean drinking water by having a well built in their area. My friend Shannon agreed to begin training with me and participate as well...and so we join Kris and Connie on an adventure of a life time! Who knows...maybe we'll all be at the Chicago marathon in October! The possibilities are endless.
I'm not one to make "New Year's Resolutions," but I do set goals and listen to the Lord in regard to them. The Word tells us that we can make all the plans we want...but if they don't line up with His Will...then they won't prosper. (Paraphrased by me) "There is a way that seems right to man...but in the end it leads to death." I want to choose LIFE. So here I come 2008...
2007 began with the loss of a beloved pet...followed by another getting hit by a car and costing us big bucks to have surgery done... followed by change in ministry and jobs... and new growth in the Lord. I made some new friends and kept some old. I continue to seek God's best in my parenting...though I am not perfect by any stretch of the imagination...and I try to be the wife I know I should, though I often fail miserably at that too. If 2008 can bring more growth and personal knowledge of Jesus Christ, then I enter it not only willingly, but with great expectation. Every new experience or challenge that comes is an opportunity to become more like the Savior and hopefully point my son in the direction of Him.
SO...I'll marathon onward and continue livin' the life and see what the new year brings. I hope you'll all keep in touch with me, even if by e-mail, MySpace, or a quick phone call. I'd love to hear what God is doing in your lives as well. Keep the faith.

3 comments:

bradjenfroese said...

Well aren't you just kickin' off 2008 with a spoon full of happiness! :)

Glad to hear / see you two grabbing the reigns on those credit cards and calories... Although, I think Bryan could use it more than you. Those firehouse meals are catching up to him. Maybe he should have volunteered to help out here in the SoCal fires last year, HAHAHAH... J/K and I know I can get away with it b/c Bryan knows this skinny boy has done some whoopin' on him in the produce cooler. :p

Anyhow, the Froese family is doing fine. 2007 was a really lean year financially. We hoped for some big pops with our startup company, but God had other plans, so he turned up the fire and we sang in the furnace... That's what you're supposed to do in the furnace you know... Because he'll check your attitude when you come out and you better be singin', or you'll be spending some more time in - where - ? The FURNACE!!! Heheh.

Then at the end of 2007 when we though we couldn't make another house payment, He provided enough to get us through the end of the year. And 2008 has opened up with several little positive signs... Kind of like when you're fishin' (which I don't get much time to do!) and you see the end of the pole twichin', then you know there's-agonna be some action.

That's what we're seeing. And we praise God for it, and we wait to see what that's going to turn out to be: a halibut or a shoe. :)

Thomas got to see the picture of Brydan in the Christmas card, and said to say hi. Those two boys need to get together and have some fun some time.

Talk to you all soon, and love you in the Lord whose Name is JESUS!

KB said...

Well, well, well...I'm at work and definitely should not be reading a blog, but I had to say, "Onward Ho!" And you and Shannon are actually joining a party of what looks to be 10 half-marathoners....!!! :) Yeehaw!

Connie said...

Wa Hoo! I do believe we are up to 13 walkers!
Thirsty, anyone?